How To Use Guide
Our How To Use Guide offers easy ideas to get you started on the journey to bring the natural benefits of using pure essential oils into your daily life.
You can be creative and have fun making your own product for personal use and for family and friends.
Remember, essential oils are highly concentrated, only a few drop are needed to achieve their many benefits. Read our Safety Guidelines and take extra care with children and the elderly. Not all oils are for everyone, check for sensitivities.
Inhalation is the fastest and the most direct way of experiencing essential oils.
- Soothes and relaxes the senses
- Some oils may help soothe congestion
- Steam inhalation helps to cleanse the skin
- Refreshes and uplifts
- Creates a mood
- Clears the air of unwanted smells and odours
Point to remember
- Avoid close contact with eyes or skin
- Do not apply oils directly to the skin
- If asthmatic, steam inhalation is not recommended
4-8 drops for an ultra-sonic, electric or ceramic DIFFUSER.
20 drops for ROOM SPRAY in 100ml water. Shake well every time before using.
Place 2-4 drops in bowl of steaming hot water, cover head, close eyes and inhale the vapour.
Use 1-2 drops. Keep tissue handy and inhale regularly. Cotton ball, place by bedside and enjoy the fragrance as you rest or sleep.
Creating or using with pure essential oils bring many benefits to body, mind and spirit. The power of touch and massage is a wonderful way to relax and destress. A simple shoulder rub after a long day at the computer will revive the spirit. A hand massage to an ailing family member gives comfort and love.
Benefits of Massage
- Help reduce tension, anxiety & stress
- Stimulates and improve circulation
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Is soothing and comforting
- Hydrates and relaxes the skin
- For best effect allow time for the oils to be absorbed
- Do not massage over inflamed areas, burns, wounds, broken bones
ADULT DROPS Applications for the skin
Body Oil/Massage Oil/Lotion/Cream/Ointment
• Use a fragrance-free carrier oil or base
• Remember do not use essential oils directly on the skin
• Use less drops for children and the elderly
* Please take care with powerful essential oils or skin irritants
General ratio of essential oil to carrier oil for the BODY is about 4-8 drops.
General ratio of essential oil to carrier oil for the FACE is about 1-2 drops.
PERSONAL BODY CARE
Be creative and add 2-3 drops to 10ml of fragrance free lotions, creams, balms & Enjoy!
Add 1-2 drops to 10ml fragrance free shampoo, conditioner, carrier oils and feel the benefits!
BATH / FOOT BATH
A BATH allows the essential oils to enter the body through the skin and through inhalation and is a wonderful way to relax or create a soothing FOOT SPA by adding essential oils to a foot spa bowl of warm water. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
- Fill the bath with warm water
- Add your selected oils to 1 tablespoon of milk and shake well (milk helps disperse the essential oils into water)
- Pour into the bath and swish water vigorously to dispense the oils
- Sprinkle some flower petals. Lay back and enjoy!
Adult Drops for the BATH - blend with milk and shake briskly so they diffuse in warm bath water.
Adult Drops for a FOOT BATH - blend with milk and shake briskly so they diffuse in warm water.
A COMPRESS is a great way to apply essential oils to a particular area of the body to soothe and relax such as for general aches and pains, tension, irritation, cramps. They can be used to warm or cool an area.
- Blend 4-5 drops of essential oil with 1 tablespoon of milk. Add to 100ml water and swish water to disperse oils. Soak a face washer in the water, wring it out and cover the effected area. Keep re-applying compress as required.
- Warm Compress – apply hot water bottle over the compress, soothing for muscular aches and pains.
- Cold Compress – apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel over the compress, soothing for the irritated skin conditions, swellings, headaches or when feeling hot and sweaty! Do not leave the ice pack on for more than 5 minutes.